TowneBank turns 20! That’s right—It’s been two decades since TowneBank first opened its doors to the public in 1999.
We’re so thankful for your support throughout the past 20 years and we would not be here without your commitment to local banking and financing.
We’re proud to have supported thousands of small business owners and local homebuyers throughout the past 20 years, growing to over $11 billion in assets with Bank and Mortgage branches throughout 5 states, and lending footprints in 11 states across the East Coast.
In honor of our 20th anniversary, here are 20 reasons to love TowneBank Mortgage:
- We care about our clients. With a 98% customer satisfaction rating, making sure our clients are happy is our main priority.
- We’re dedicated to our community. In 2017, TowneBank donated over $6.6 million to the local community.
- TowneBank was ranked #46 on Forbes list of America’s Best Banks in 2019.
- We work, live and play in the communities we serve. Our offices are right down the street and our phone numbers are local.
- We use local appraisers, who know and understand the local housing market.
- Our loan officers are dedicated to meeting your closing date. It is as important to us as it is to you.
- We use in-house processing, underwriting and closing. This means decisions are made locally and your loan file never leaves the area.
- Our mortgage professionals have the knowledge and experience you need to make an informed decision on your loan. Whether you want to buy or invest, you can count on your loan officer to give you superior service and advice.
- We have a variety of loan products to fit every individual’s needs—from renovation loans, to VA loans, reverse mortgages and more—our goal is to tailor a loan to meet your exact requirements.
- We love our military clients. We serve a lot of military communities, so we’re extremely knowledgeable on VA Loans.
- We use modern technology. Download our Mortgage Mobile App to apply for your loan, upload necessary documents, check the status of your loan, and communicate with your loan officer throughout the entire process.
- If you’d rather apply in person or over the phone, that’s OK too. We’re committed to communicating by your preferred method.
- We’re approved for niche and specialty grant and down payment assistance programs, helping our clients access the resources they need to become homebuyers.
- We were voted Best Mortgage Company in Hampton Roads in CoVa Business Magazine in 2018.
- You’re not just a number to us—you’re a friend and a neighbor. That means we’ll do everything we can to ensure that you have a smooth and enjoyable loan process.
- Our goal is to create a culture of caring within the workplace, and we treat employees like we treat our family. That’s why TowneBank was been named a “Best Places to Work” Hall of Fame Company by Inside Business: The Hampton Roads Business Journal.
- We lend in several states, including VA, NC, MD, D.C., DE, PA, W.VA., TN, SC, GA, FL.
- We offer reverse mortgage solutions to homeowners 62 and older, helping them to use the equity in their home to meet their financial goals.
- We’re here for you day and night. Our loan officers work beyond 9-5, meaning they’re available to answer your questions on nights and weekends if needed.
- We offer no-obligation pre-approvals. You’re welcome to get pre-approved for a mortgage at any time, even if you don’t apply for a loan through us.
The information contained herein (including but not limited to any description of TowneBank Mortgage, its affiliates and its lending programs and products, eligibility criteria, interest rates, fees and all other loan terms) is subject to change without notice. This is not a commitment to lend.
TowneBank Member FDIC.
< Go Back