Easy Slow Cooker Pumpkin, Chickpea and Red Lentil Curry
Creamy, hearty, and full of flavor, this vegan Indian-inspired Crock Pot recipe is so easy to assemble. With a prep time of ten minutes, its a perfect weeknight dinner!
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup split red lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon curry powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt + more to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk (I use full-fat for this recipe; lite will probably still taste great but might result in a thinner curry)
- FOR SERVING:
- White rice, brown rice or cauliflower rice
- Fresh lime wedges
- Cilantro leaves
- Add all ingredients except the coconut milk to a 3-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or in high 5-6 hours. Stir in the coconut milk and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- The curry will be a bit thin at first; it thickens up as it sits.
- Scoop over rice and serve with cilantro and fresh lime wedges to squeeze over the top.
< Go Back